#5 - 1997
- Democrats regained control of the Congress
WHAT SHOULD OUR FOREIGN POLICY GOALS BE?
(US and Allies sent troops to Russia following the Bolshevik Revolution under pretense of protecting supplies sent to Russia while it was an ally)
WHY DO AMERICANS HATE COMMUNISM TODAY? CHECK WITH STUDENTS FIRST! Do they still have a feel for the Cold War today?
- 1. Membership - 15 members
- a. Permanent members - five
- 1. US, USSR, Great Britain, France, China
- (1971 change from Nationalist to Communist)
- 2. Each has VETO power (similar to Lodge's reservation about League)
- b. Temporary members - ten - rotated every 2 yrs.
- 9/15 vote required for action if there is no veto
- 2. Powers
- a. Investigation
- b. Military or economic action